SabreGuard™ holmium laser fibers are single-use, specialty fibers designed to reduce cost and promote clear procedural visibility. The round fiber tip on the SabreGuard™ fiber allows it to pass through a 270 degree deflected scope without causing damage to the inner lining or the need to straighten the scope saving costly scope repairs and procedure time. The small outer diameter of the fiber allows for more irrigation in the surgical field which improves visibility.
All fibers are tested for power output before making their way into cases to ensure the Coloplast standard of quality you expect.
Rounded Fiber Tip
- Passes through working channel of fully deflected (270 degree) scope without damage to the inner lining
- Unlike other fibers on the market, the unique round tip design prevents energy concentration loss at fiber tip
- Round tip fibers require less force to insert through ureteroscope compared to straight tip fibers1
- Compatible with any cleared surgical laser with an SMA-905 connector
- Directs energy to the silica core for high and efficient energy output
- Built-in blast shield designed to mitigate the potential for errant energy that may damage the fiber or laser
- Round tip saves costly OR time by eliminating the need to straighten deflected endoscope while fiber is being passed through working channel
- Round tip fibers have shown to reduce scope repairs compared to blunt tip fiber2
- Data has shown overall cost savings of $81.27 per case when a round tip fiber is used2
- Carlos, Evan C., et al. “Let’s Get to the Point: Comparing Insertion Characteristics and Scope Damage of Flat-Tip and Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fibers.” Journal of Endourology, vol. 33, no. 1, Jan. 2019, pp. 22–26., doi:10.1089/end.2018.0229.
- Guise, A., et al. The impact on cost and frequency of ureteroscope repairs using a ball-tipped laser fiber for ureteroscopy, Journal of Urology, Volume 191, e948, April 2014.
|SabreGuard™ Holmium Laser Fibers|
|Item||Core Size (μm)||Tip||Sales UOM||EA / Sales UOM|
|Laser Fiber Accessories|
|Item||Description||Size||Sales UOM||EA / Sales UOM|
|FS-150||150 Series Stripper||150||Each||1 EA|
|FS-250||200 Series Stripper||200||Each||1 EA|
|FC-002AC||Cleaving Pen||–||Each||1 EA|
|FC-001||Cleaving Tool||–||Box||5 EA|
The Coloplast SabreGuard and SabreLine Laser Fibers are indicated for use in all surgical specialties in which compatible laser systems with operational wavelengths between 500 nm – 2200 nm have received regulatory clearance. The laser delivery devices are intended for use with any cleared surgical laser with a SMA-905 connector.
The laser fibers are contraindicated for treatment of patients for whom endoscopic procedures are contraindicated.
Warnings and Precautions
Do not apply excessive force to the tip of the fiber as breakage may result.
High power/long duration applications of laser energy while placing the tip in contact with tissue may damage or significantly reduce the life of this product.
Do not exceed the recommended power levels when utilizing the laser fiber.
The risks and benefits of using SabreGuard and SabreLine Laser Fibers should be considered in patients.
Single-use fibers are not to be reused. Reuse may compromise device integrity and lead to malfunction or failure which may result in patient or user injury. Serious infection may occur from improper sterilization and reuse of single-use fibers.
Complications from the use of this device should be brought to the immediate attention of your Coloplast Representative.
The information provided is not comprehensive with regard to product risks. For a comprehensive listing of indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions refer to the product’s Instructions for Use. Alternatively, you may contact a Coloplast representative at 1-800-258-3476 and/or visit the company Website at www.coloplast.com
Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Request Additional Information
I understand that by providing all of the below information and clicking “Send”, I am giving Coloplast my consent to be contacted for the reasons I described in my message.