Pyelostent® is a specialty silicone ureteral stent for the treatment of Pyeloureteral junction syndrome. Pyelostent® is constructed of biocompatible silicone which has demonstrated greater patient comfort compared to alternative materials1. Pyelostent® is approved for an indwell of up to 12 months and is packaged with a steerable pusher for accurate stent placement.
Reinforced and long-term implantation
- 8 Fr body widens to 12 Fr in the renal pelvis section
- Silicone material for long term implantation (up to 12 months)
Enhanced patient comfort
- Comprised of soft, smooth silicone material which has demonstrated greater patient comfort compared to competitor stents1
- Shape memory loop to reduce the risk of migration
Ease of placement and withdrawal
- Inserted and removed like a traditional double-loop stent
- Graduation markings to confirm placement
- El-Nahas et al, Self-Retaining Ureteral Stents: Analysis of Factors Responsible for Patients’ Discomfort. J or Endourology. Jan 2006, 20(1):33-7.
|Pyelostent® Specialty Ureteral Stent|
|Item||Diameter (Fr)||Length (cm)||Sales UOM||EA / Sales UOM|
Indications for Use:
Drainage of the upper urinary tract over fistulas or ureteral obstacles. Healing of the ureter.
- Reuse of this single-use product may create a potential risk to the user. Reprocessing, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization may compromise product characteristics which in turn create an additional risk of physical harm to or infection of the patient.
The following events have been reported although their occurrence greatly depends on medical conditions of patient: infection, encrustation, obstruction, rupture, migration, bladder irritation symptoms, pain, hematuria, erosion.
Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician
Request Additional Information
I understand that by providing all of the below information and clicking “Send”, I am giving Coloplast my consent to be contacted for the reasons I described in my message.